Group Exercise Manager - East Lincoln
Lincoln, NE, 68512
This position will oversee all aspects of the Group Fitness program for a designated Genesis location; including hiring, recruiting, scheduling and training new Group Exercise Staff. This includes, but is not limited to, working with the Vice President of Group Exercise and other Group Exercise Managers to constantly develop and grow the success of Group Fitness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes procedures as outlined by group fexercise manual
- Work with other departments to achieve 60% of new members using the facility a minimum of 9 times a month
- Every quarter elect three (3) weekly GF classes as “sample classes” to attend
- Train all group fitness instructors to teach safe and effective classes
- Train all group fitness instructors to help, assist, motivate and retain all members
- Responsible for organizing and scheduling all group exercise classes as needed
- Maintain microphones, stereo equipment, rooms and equipment storage areas
- Prepare and discuss weekly aerobic report with Club Manager
- Promote all classes and events internally and externally
- Ability to perform all duties as required for group fitness instructors
- Attends all staff and club meetings and events
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members and staff
- Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the Genesis Health Clubs
- Provide input in developing strategies to support club goals and objectives
- Develop and build a team atmosphere among staff and department
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members
- Available to work weekends and evenings and holidays
- Must hold current CPR certification or obtain within 60 days of start date
- Certification by A.C.E., A.S.C.M., N.S.C.A., MOSSA or other nationally recognized certification
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer service abilities
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing and speaking
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 63 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Company Website: www.genesishealthclubs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)