Group Fitness Instructor
Do you have what it takes to get people moving? We are looking for athletic, strong, energetic, and motivating instructors to join our group exercise team. Whether you are certified in Cycle, Yoga, Pilates, or Zumba, we want to see you move, as we are always on the lookout for rock-stars. MOSSA and Les Mills formats accepted, but if you have the big personality and a passion for fitness, we can help get you certified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and comply with procedures as outlined in the group fitness manual
- Teach safe and effective classes, according to guidelines and description.
- Support, assist, motivate and retain all members
- Maintain microphones, stereo equipment, rooms and equipment storage areas
- Promote all classes and events internally and externally
- Attends all staff and club meetings and events
- Coordinate replacement sub if unable to teach assigned class, per supervisors’ approval
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members and staff
- Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the Genesis Health Clubs
- Participate in regular exercise programs
- Provide input in developing strategies to support club goals and objectives
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members
- Available to work weekends and evenings and holidays
- Must hold current CPR certification or obtain within 60 days of start date
- Certification by ACE, AFFA MOSSA, LES MILLS or other nationally recognized certification
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer service abilities
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 45 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Company Website: www.genesishealthclubs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)