Genesis Health Clubs’ Accounting Team is looking for a forward-thinking and dynamic professional, who would love to work in a fast-paced corporate accounting office. This full-time senior accountant role will be responsible for cash management, monthly G/L entry and reconciliations, as well as P&L vs. Budget analysis.
Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field of study, have a minimum of 2-5 years previous G/L experience, be proficient in Excel, utilize excellent communication and organization skills and can multi-task. Candidate must also have the ability to function with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Managing all monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting operations for multiple entities
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and various other financial reports such as the company’s budget and financial forecasts
- Assist with cash flow management responsibilities that include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Collect, analyze and summarize financial information with the ability to recognize and correct discrepancies
- Researching and analyzing accounting data to develop specialized reports for management
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Maintain accounting filing system, chart of accounts and controls of accounting transactions
- Review and prepare financial statement analysis and reports for company divisions
- Process and oversee monthly closings; reviewing general ledger, analyzing budget variance, reconciling balance sheet and preparing journal entries
- Coordinate cash flow reports for all company operations
- Prepare management cost reports on development projects, and provide analysis and forecasts for investments, pricing, negotiations, etc.
- Manage time effectively to meet and exceed deadlines to ensure availability for additional projects
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
Preferred Experience and Knowledge Base
- Computing and paying retail sales tax
- Preparation of tax returns
- Payroll taxes
*Please state your salary requirements when submitting your resume.
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 45 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Company Website: www.genesishealthclubs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)