This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Genesis Health Clubs Cafe, which include hiring, recruiting, and training new staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate within the budget and identify new ways to improve the development of the business
- Hire, train and schedule all staff to enable them to carry out their own duties and responsibilities
- Experience in basic food prep
- Plan, market and execute special events/promotions in the café
- Supervise the accuracy of inventory
- Responsible for daily register deposits
- Participate in employee meetings, review, and development
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members/guest and staff
- Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures desk and café are clean, maintained and organized at all times
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the Genesis Health Clubs
- Provide input in developing strategies to support club and café goals and objectives
- Develop and build a team atmosphere among staff and department
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
- Available to work weekends and evenings and holidays
- Ability to work well with others
- Experience in cash handling and credit cards
- Customer service abilities
- Experience managing in the food industry
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing and speaking
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 45 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Company Website: www.genesishealthclubs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)