Adventure Camp Counselor Male
Fort Collins , CO
We are looking for aspiring outdoor professionals who are passionate about working with youth. This position is an ideal opportunity to grow professional skills, gain additional experience in technical outdoor skills, experience challenges that support personal growth, and build lifelong connections in a positive environment. Being an Mighty Adventure Camp Counselor means spending your days hiking, rock-climbing, mountain biking, paddling and having fun in the sun. Being an Mighty Adventure Camp Counselor also means being an influential leader in the lives of young adults. Modeling the way for others is a big responsibility and intentionally shaping the next generation of leaders is incredibly challenging, life changing, worthwhile work!
As a member of the camp team, your days will be filled with challenges, surprises and laughter. Cultivating growth within a group of campers isn’t easy and its incredibly important work. At camp, we work to develop an intentional community where each child is celebrated, known, and supported. We facilitate programming that helps our campers grow life skills and redefine their understanding of what they are capable of. At camp, we are a united and passionate team of youth development professionals working diligently to intentionally shape tomorrow’s leaders. It’s serious work for seriously fun and dedicated people!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counselors are responsible for facilitating FUN, engaging and skill building experiences for their team of campers. Camp experiences include: field trips (Denver Zoo, Water World, Elitch Gardens), day hikes, overnight camping, rock-climbing, flatwater canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, white water rafting, white water tubing, beach days and Dutch Oven cooking!
- In addition to facilitating regularly scheduled camp programming, camp counselors are responsible for creating the magic of camp! Filling the in-between times with spontaneous play and leveraging down time to build camp community and celebrate the positive contributions of campers.
- Counselors are responsible for engaging youth in positive outdoor nature experiences that fuel a passion for learning, understanding and preserving our natural world.
- Counselors are youth development professionals who actively capture teachable moments to cultivate character growth within campers, leverage planning camp programming to build life skills within their campers, and work diligently to acknowledge, celebrate and encourage each camper each day.
- Counselor are responsible for being role models! They teach campers to be patient by maintaining composure in the midst of challenges. They teach campers to be kind by including and encouraging others. They teach campers to be enthusiastic by joining in the play of camp. They teach campers to be responsible by cleaning up as they move throughout the program. They teach campers to be team players by selflessly serving their fellow camp counselor. They actively influence camper growth through modeling the person they want their campers to become!
- Counselors are responsible for continually monitoring and maintaining camper safety throughout the entirety of each camp experience.
- Counselors maintain a comprehensive understanding of the specific needs of the campers in their care-allergies, swim ability, adults who have authorization to pick up campers, medical concerns, etc. Counselors work diligently to use the provided information to create a sense of well belonging for each camper in their care.
- Counselors are responsible for building meaningful relationships with camp parents. Counselors connect with parents daily to share camper celebrations, to capture pertinent information, and to partner with parents to best support the growth of each child in their care.
- Counselors are responsible for attending team meetings, on-going training opportunities and supporting team in moving camp operations A through growth at the individual, programming and team level.
- Must be 21 yrs or older
- Must be literate in English and math.
- Must have prior verifiable experience working in a licensed Camp/Childcare Program (1yr minimum)
- Must have prior verifiable work experience leading in an outdoor setting
- Must be passionate about working with young adults and supporting their development as leaders
- Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic with communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have effective organizational skills
- Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends
- Physically capable of sustaining the endurance necessary to be active throughout the entirety of camp
- Available to work days full time Monday-Friday
- Responsible for securing reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to competently drive a 15-passenger van and tow a trailer
- High attention to detail and process systems
- Knowledge of experiential education outdoor leadership principles
- Must hold a current Lifeguard Certification (training can be provided through Miramont and will be an out of pocket expense)
- Must have a current Wilderness First Aid Certification (training can be provided through Miramont and will be an out of pocket expense)
- Must be able to commit to entire summer season- June 3rd -August 9th, 2019 and required Preseason Trainings
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 45 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Company Website: www.genesishealthclubs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)