Summer Sports Camp Counselor at Fort Collins Club
Fort Collins , CO
As a member of the camp team, your days will be filled with challenges, surprises and laughter. Cultivating growth within a group of campers isn’t easy and its incredibly important work. At camp, we work to develop an intentional community where each child is celebrated, known, and supported. We facilitate programming that helps our campers grow life skills and redefine their understanding of what they are capable of. At camp, we are a united and passionate team of youth development professionals working diligently to intentionally shape tomorrow’s leaders. It’s serious work for seriously fun and dedicated people!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- I am responsible for reading and having clarity regarding information in the daily communication log and weekly update email
- I am responsible for leading a team of campers through their “one week” camp experience: Learn to Play Sport Workshops, yoga class, field trips, lunch, arts and crafts, swimming, Character First lessons, Fun with Food Lessons, Dance class, group development, campfire games/skits and more
- I am responsible for facilitating the development of friendships to ensure each child is connected to their camp community
- I am responsible for ensuring each camper is signed in and out of camp daily
- I am responsible for completing a thorough pre-trip inspection of each van prior to daily departure
- I am responsible for safely transporting program participants from Genesis Miramont’s South location to each week’s rock-climbing and field trip destinations
- I am responsible for instructing Learn to Play Workshops: soccer, basketball, lacrosse, ultimate Frisbee, floor hockey, volleyball, flag football, and rock-climbing
- I am responsible for tracking weather patterns and adapting planned itinerary to ensure the safety and engagement of each student enrolled in the program
- I am responsible for day to day communication with Sports Camp parents, team members, and Youth Programs Director
- I am responsible for the program planning and execution of Genesis Miramont’s Summer Sports Camp
- I am responsible for daily Zone Management
- I am responsible for completing daily opening and closing procedures
- I work in conjunction with the Youth Programs Director to move our Team A
- I maintain a comprehensive understanding of the specific needs of the campers in my care- allergies, swim ability, adults who have authorization to pick-up campers, medical concerns, etc.
- I attend Team meetings and events and support fellow team members in doing the same
- I work to develop strong trusting relationships with my camp team, member families, non-member families, Team Members and commit to creating an On-Brand, enjoyable and inviting atmosphere for both members and the Team within the Youth Department
- I am responsible for connecting with camp parents daily to share about their child’s camp experience and for sharing pertinent behavior concerns with the Youth Programs Director
- I am responsible for setting up the necessary equipment for each camp day.
- I am responsible for finding coverage for sick days and I am responsible for communicating planned vacation days prior to March 1st. Seasonal team members have a maximum capacity of 5 vacation days per camp season.
- I work closely with the CREW Program Coordinator to track and intentionally support the growth of the CREW Members that I am responsible for
- Healthy and physically fit.
- Must have one year of experience working in a licensed Camp/Childcare Program
- Fluent in English
- Must be passionate about working with children
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong understanding of Customer Service and have effective organizational skills.
- Available to work days full time Monday-Friday
- Responsible for securing reliable transportation to and from work
Must be able to commit to entire summer season- June 3rd - August 16th, 2019
- Preseason Training: May 27th-29th
- First Day of Camp: Monday June 3rd
Required on-going training dates:
- Tuesday June 11th from 6:15-7:15pm
- Tuesday June 25th from 6:15-7:15pm
- Tuesday July 16th from 6:15-7:15pm
- Tuesday August 6th from 6:15-7:15pm
- End of Camp Season Team Member Celebration: Friday August 9th from 7pm-10pm
- Last Day of Camp: Friday August 16th
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 45 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Company Website: www.genesishealthclubs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)